Cell phones vs prayer

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Sun Mar 24 18:30:49 PST 2002

Has the Cell phone taken the place of a Prayer?
        At one time, one would ask the Good Lord to take of you and your loved
ones, now it seems the cell phone has taken the place of the prayer.
Meaning,  I use my cell phone to check for emergencies and then  handle
the problems yourself,
"Thank you very much Lord."

Here's the scenario of an emergency:

 You are walking along the Camino, you twist your ankle, and you have a
cell phone.

What should you do...
        A) Phone the Spanish Emergency Service
        B) Phone your family back in America, and hope they will come and
rescue you.
        C) Phone a random number and hope who ever answers speaks English and
can             come an rescue you.
        D) use common sense.

My opinion is, leave the cell phone home. If your worried about your
family back home, just maybe, you should be with them and not on the
Camino, or if your worried about a mishap on the Camino then maybe this
type of trek is beyond you.

that is my take on the Cell phone.

leonard