cell phones

Conor Fortune conoraMADRID.COM
Fri Mar 22 08:27:17 PST 2002

If you're simply looking for a good way to
call home, and not within Spain, you might
want to look into an international calling
card. When I studied abroad in Madrid 2
years ago, I looked into getting a mobile
phone, but decided that simply using a
card would probably be cheaper...as long
as you don't mind relying on there being
(functional) Telefonica cabinas along the
way when you need to call. I think the plan I
had was with MCI Worldcom and it was just
charged to my home telephone account.

The nice part about that was that if your
route takes you through several countries,
each country has its own toll-free # to call to
use the card. It worked 99% of the time in
several European countries, although I did
have some trouble with it hiking in Northern
Scotland (but after calling a customer help
desk I was still able to get through). I never
had any trouble in Spain though.

Conor F.
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from Travelocity.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/