closest point - 100km

Joe and Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Sat Mar 16 09:20:57 PST 2002

My husband and I did exactly that last Spring. We traveled to Lugo by car
(rented the car in San Sebastian, 1 day's drive). We spent the night in
Lugo, then took a cab (very short, very cheap) to Sarria. If we had known
Sarria was so close to Lugo, we would have dropped the car in Lugo and gone
directly to Sarria. We took a week to walk and, although it was tough for us
novice walkers, we savor every minute of it. It was a mini experience of all
the things you read here. A few blisters, a few moments of being lost, the
small villages, the friendly townspeople, the comraderie of other pilgrims
from all over the world, the feeling of being a part of all ages who have
trod the same path. I would do it again, and hope to. Buen mini-Camino. If
you want to know more about the refugios, the food, the path, please feel
free to contact me off line. lydiaabanales.net