Two seals

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Sat Mar 16 07:56:13 PST 2002

Ed wrote:

> Since then, in the light of experience,  can anyone confirm whether or not
> this requirement has been enforced - if at all.  Has anyone been refused
> their Compostela because they had only obtained one stamp per day rather
> than two?
>
> Best regards,
> Ed
> (Ware, Herts, UK)

Ed,

My impression is that it is rather haphazard. It depends upon whoever is in the
pilgrims' office at the time that you go in. When I went in, there were a
couple of young people in attendance and they hardly glanced at my stamps. From
Valença on, i.e. the last 100 km, I had been careful to get two or three stamps
at each stop, just to be on the safe side, but I don't think they noticed.

On the main route, once a pilgrim gets close to Santiago, let's say within
Galicia itself, it is very easy to find places to get your passport stamped.
That takes dare of the 100 km requirement, which should be sufficient. Further
away, especially on alternative routes, it is sometimes difficult to find a
place to get it stamped, but for the purpose of obtaining the Compostela, that
shouldn't really matter.

regards,

Robert