Two seals

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Sat Mar 16 04:03:52 PST 2002

Around this time last year, Rosina Lila passed on some information to the
list to the effect that, in an effort to reduce the indiscrimate issuing of
the Compostela to 'non-pilgrims', the Archdiocese of Santiago required  that
the pilgrim passports be stamped with two seals per day wherever possible
along the Camino.

Since then, in the light of experience,  can anyone confirm whether or not
this requirement has been enforced - if at all.  Has anyone been refused
their Compostela because they had only obtained one stamp per day rather
than two?

Best regards,
Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

----- Original Message -----
From: Rosina Lila
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 7:12 PM
Subject: Two seals

Hello you all,
The secretary of the Santiago Archdiocese, Lucia, has been kind enough to
send me a message that, I think, will answer Ana's queries in this regard.
The message says that if one is at a place where only one seal may be
available (Manjarin? Foncebadon?), the one seal will suffice.  Apparently
one
need only exert a good faith effort to obtain the two seals when and where
possible. I imagine, as well, that the seal(s) will inform whether the size
of the town disclosed thereon would have allowed for the possibility of
getting the second one. The seals, however, must have been obtained during
the last 100-200 kms. in order to obtain the Compostela.
Regards,
Rosina

---