I'm off!

Gene Silva ejsilvaaSWBELL.NET
Sat Mar 16 01:09:37 PST 2002

 I plan to walk by myself from Leon to Santiago to Finisterre........

I will accept any and all prayers and good wishes.

Richard:

I walked the identical route in September of the year 2000 and have traveled
the area between Leon and Santiago many times in the past 35 years. The
stretch between Leon and Astorga is flat and dull in parts. Be careful of
the fast moving trucks and cars on the highway before Hospital de Orbigo.
 From Astorga forward, however, I think you will be impressed with the
scenery, points of historical interest and, if you are so inclined, the
various places to worship along the way. Galicia will leave its imprint on
your soul. Indeed, you are about to begin a great adventure, no doubt filled
with some hardship and pain, but also beauty, wonderment, and what for me
was a profound sense of accomplishment and inner peace. You have my best
wishes; prayers to follow.

Gene Silva
ejsilvaaswbell.net