Brasilian pilgrim

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Thu Mar 14 10:14:28 PST 2002

Andrea,

At this time of year, snow storms and whiteout conditions would be common in
the Pyrenees. Even in warmer seasons, there are often heavy fogs that obscure
the path. Losing the trail is a hazard for any mountain traveler. I don't
make a claim that this was the reason in this particular case, but, as Rosina
pointed out, the unfortunate pilgrim was found a half kilometer from the
usual paths and it is certainly a danger that exists on the Camino.

Regards,

Robert