Place names? fill in the blanks

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Wed Mar 13 23:55:43 PST 2002

Hospital de la Condessa
Sarria
Gonzar
Melide
Arca
Negriera
Cée
Fisterra

Except for the first 6 which are on the  Camino Aragonés and the last three
which are west of Santiago, all of these are on the Camino Francés. They
are the places where I spent one night each on my walk. Of the list you
sent, there were only nine places where I spent the night, including
Pamplona and Santiago. It is certainly true that each one of us does his or
her own camino.

Some of the meanings are obvious - or at least  appear to be, but I'll
leave that for those who have a much better command of Spanish and/or
history to fill in. I didn't check, but I have a hunch that our listserv
manager's book has the answer to a lot of these.

regards,

Robert