Confraternity in USA.

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Tue Mar 12 16:45:52 PST 2002

Hi Linda,
In my message I merely wondered why we did not have a confraternity when so
many other countries in the continent do.  The message  was a sounding board
and not a starting effort; also, the message did mention the Friends meaning
that the confraternity would be a part of the Friends if one were to be
formed.
When I was in Santiago last September a priest asked whether there was a
confraternity in the USA; I said that I did not know; later in a list
provided by the Archdiocese I saw that, apparently, there is none.
Because of the growing number of Brasilians in New York City my parish, Our
Lady of Pompeii in Greenwich Village, has added a Mass in Portuguese at noon
on Sundays; at a welcoming ceremony it turned out that quite a few of the
Brasilian new parishioners had been in the Camino or were planning to go.
Some of them asked me how they could join the Santiago Confraternity and were
a little surprised that we don't have one.
That was the reason for my musings.
Again, if you decide to form one, I shall gladly contribute whatever work may
be necessary to obtain a (501) C status.  Just let me know.
Regards,
Rosina
.