Backpacks with wheels

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Tue Mar 12 04:47:20 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/11/2002 10:17:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mkkarpsaMINDSPRING.COM writes:

> We were wondering if the wheels would make it a little easier at times
> instead of carrying the pack on your back.

I saw only one pilgrim, a Swiss woman, use this type of pack.  It seems very
practical until you come to the Camino and you actually deal with the terrain
and surfaces which are anything but flat and smooth for I would guess 75 -
90% of the time.  For those stretches that are flat, it would be a blessing.
However, the wheels and special frame and handle do add some weight, so you
might think carefully before you get this kind of backpack.  I would not.
Howard Mendes, NYC