1993 numbers

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Mar 4 10:55:13 PST 2002

    Hi Linda,
    Your information makes a great deal of sense.  The huge increase in
pilgrims' numbers in 1993 appeared to reveal a psycho-cultural-religious
dynamic at play, but I did not think of the political aspect which, of
course, makes a great deal of sense.
    Perhaps we can get a breakdown of the 1993  pilgrims regarding country of
origin,  professions, etc. that may contain some useful indications; and
perhaps you, Maryjane or Elyn will write an article or a book about it; as
far as I know no one has done so yet.
    As to the markers: a while ago I suggested providing the missing markers
as a form of giving something back to the Camino. So far three list
subscribers have offered to help in the project.   But, where or how to
start?  Funding the markers will not be a problem, I am sure; but how do we
start? whom should we approach?  Could it be done through the Friends?
    Affectionate regards,
Rosina