Protective Laws

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Mon Mar 4 09:04:18 PST 2002

I hesitate to post anything but for the well-being of fellow pilgrims here
goes nothing.
Some discussion has been made of special laws that protect pilgrims.  No
clarification or amplification has been forthcoming so I queried ALES the
Moderator of camino-de-santiagoayahoogroups.com a newsgroup in Spanish that
dedicates itself to things Caminal.  I find Spain to be secure, safe,
supporting, and most comfortable.  But I, personally, don't want to spend
time there harboring the belief that I am shielded from eventualities by
edicts and decrees that don't exist.  In law enforcement circles this
represents a perilous mindset.  The attached message, admittedly anecdotal,
indicates that the "laws of protection" are from the Middle Ages and
probably not presently in force.  It seems that the Province of Nararra has
published a compilation of laws effecting Pilgrims and we are promised more
clarification by another contributor at a later date.  If anyone in Gocamino
or Santiagobis can elucidate this theme and the act appears of interest and
benefit I encourage you to do so even if only for the benefit of a few.  If
I receive more data I will forward same.  Stoically,  felipsanaolypen.com