Merrell Shoes... another twist

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 3 02:27:07 PST 2002

--- Mac Quart <macsquartaYAHOO.COM> wrote:
I would
> love to answer any question off of the list about
> these insoles or the general
> info surrounding why they are important.

Hi Mac,

Here's a message off the list about the insoles. I
walked my entire first pilgrimage with just the thin
insoles that came with my Eccos. The boots fit
perfectly and are marvelously comfortable, but I still
couldn't figure out why my soles were bothering me so
much after each walk, even  if I had only walked 15
km. or so. It was as if I had walked on hard concrete
the entire way, and I hadn't.

Much later, here in Japan, I was preparing to do a
segment of the Japanese mini-pilgrimage and I figured
I finally had better get new insoles. So I went to a
sports supply shop next door to my apartment building
(yes, literally right downstairs - convenient, h uh?
;-) Anyway, the guy there recommended a certain kind
of insoles that seemed to "curve" up the arches of
your feet. At first, they felt funny. But after the
walk the next day, my feet felt just fine!

Could you tell me more about these special insoles you
got? I'll be walking in Spain very shortly after I
arrive home from Japan and I don't know if I have time
to have them specially made, unless it doesn't take
that long.

Thanks so much,
Ana