English Camino

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Sat Mar 2 16:40:58 PST 2002

I went to www.csj.org.uk to see about a guide for France from Le Puy (as I
had previously walked the Camino Frances) and I noticed the "English" Camino
guides which detail the route from either la coruna 75 km or Ferrol 110 km.
Which means they hardly walked at all (sorry I know it is a bit judgmental).
So that leaves me with the sea question -- does anyone know how long it would
take to journey from Calais? Or wherever in England to Spain and were there
any dangers associated with that voyage?  I have read numerous times about
the dangers in Spain for walkers (bandits, bad water for the horses to
drink...). But I have read no historical information on this.

Diane