festivals

murphy brasuel murphaNM.NET
Sat Jun 22 22:50:20 PDT 2002

We walked starting Sept. 11,  2001 from St. Jean-Pied-de-Port   encountering  a
large festival in Logrono Sept 20(a Thursday) that was to last through the
weekend.  Plenty of wine, water fights, and neighborhood parades.  After 2 or 3
hours we walked on to Naverette as we realized that no one was going to sleep
much that night.(senior citizen pilgrims)  Also the small medieval town of
Ciraugui 7 km. from Puente de la Riena celebrated Sept. 15 with running of
small bulls and enough partying to leave piles of wine and beer bottles
everywhere. (We were 1 day late on a Sunday)  A festival was also taking place
near Cizur Mayor as we passed through Sept. 13 but I know nothing about it.  (A
suburb of  Pamplona)  From mid September until we finished in late October we
found no other fiestas on route.