BICYCLES

McAllister, Michael Michael.McAllisteraBDK.COM
Tue Jun 18 08:06:04 PDT 2002

Jim,

I'm heading out later in September and have been getting very mixed signals
on feasibility of taking bikes on the trains, particularly in Spain. Whether
or not you are allowed to do so seems to be at the whim of the conductor
and/or local stationmaster.

My game plan at this point is to fly in to Paris and get a connecting flight
to Biarritz and then bike or local train to St Jean Pied de Port which I
understand is about 40km away. For the return I'm thinking of shipping the
bike home from Santiago (after this trip I don't think I'll be back in the
saddle any time too soon) and training to the French border and then cab or
whatever back up to Biarritz.

I'd also appreciate any comments from cyclists who have already done the
pilgrimage.

Mike McAllister
Baltimore

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Dodds [mailto:doddsaNCCN.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:31 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: BICYCLES

Good Morning:

I plan to fly San Francisco to Paris then train to Le Puy with my bicycle.
What are the problems putting a bicycle on the train from Paris to Le Puy
and Santiago to Paris ?   Any response from cyclists who have done the
journey would be appreciated.  I fly Sept 10t.

Jim Dodds
Nevada City, California