Was: the Mountain, now national traits

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue Jun 18 01:21:38 PDT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:13:41 EDT, Howard Mendes <HMe347aAOL.COM> wrote:

>In a message dated 6/17/2002 5:17:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK writes:
>

>> anybody I haven't upset yet? :-)
>>

>Yes -  Blacks have rhythm & Poles are dumb.
>Where do you come up with such brilliant sterotypes?

Come on Howard, take the pickle out of your ***!

Pilgrims should always remember that the things to go into the top of their
packs should be a sense of humor and a thick skin.

Anybody who could take offence at the list would have to be overly PC or
American - in actual fact the list was a direct quote from a fellow
Pilgrim, Lisa from California, when we were writing to each other about
observations of life on the Camino.

Come to think of it Howard, living in Notting Hill, London in the heart of
the Carnival route I can confirm that many of my black (and white)
neighbors DO have a beautiful sense of rhythm while my two daughters (who
have Polish blood through their mother's family) are certainly not dumb!

Before anyone asks I'm from Ontario (so far from God, so close to America
as they used to say) and proud of it and, in conclusion, I might say, the
many supportive Offlist replies (thank you, your names are safe) would have
set the list off topic for weeks!

Shall we take off our hair shirts and get back on track now?

Jeffrey