Cell Phones (to Tony)

Tony Schuster agsustraCHARTER.NET
Wed Jun 12 13:43:02 PDT 2002

Carolyn, thank you for the straightforward advice. The rest of the editorial comments that I have gotten are fun and fill up someone's time, I suppose, but just plain advice was what I sought and you, and a couple of others have provided just that.
Tony
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carolyn Arcand
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:12 PM
  Subject: Re: Cell Phones (to Tony)

  Hi Tony.. as a woman walking alone on the trail last summer, I felt more comfortable carrying a cell phone just in case anything happened (nothing did, but it was still good to have!). I got a deal through Nextel, and the phone worked great because it works off of a satellite instead of phone towers, therefore I could get in touch anywhere, even in the middle of the Pyrenees. The downside is that international calls (outside of the U.S.) cost $0.99 per minute. However, as long as you don't talk for excessive amounts of time, I think it's worth it. Carolyn :o)

  PS there are also a good amount of internet cafes, even in the smaller towns.. I could email my friends and family every couple of days if I wanted to.