"Crossing" in two segments

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Jul 14 18:44:17 PDT 2002

Hi Bob, Patricia, Mary, Ted, Keith, Sara, et. al.
    This is what I know:
    By rue La Citadelle in SJPP there is Our Lady's Church,  the Doorway of
Notre Dame, the clock's tower and the starting point for the Camino through
the doorway of Spain. Immediately after, there is a sign post indicating the
way to routes D-301 and D-428. Taking D-428 (Napoleon's route), after 5.2
kms. (app. 3.5 miles)  of ascending  and fairly demanding effort, there is a
group of houses known as Huntto. You can find there a  50-bed facility where
you can stay, which has heating, hot water and full bedding. It costs about
$25 dlls. including a full European breakfast.
    After Huntto, there is a trail that leads to a spectacular lookout 2 kms.
away.  Back on D428 the route goes up and down, and up and down and up and
down until the Sactuary of the Virgin from which you can go directly, and
easily, to Roncesvalles.
    In SJPP the credential may be obtained from Les Amis de Chemin (a French
Friends of the Camino Association) or from Spanish representatives of the
Camino at the pilgrims' office, and it will be either in French or Spanish.
As far as I know they do not provide them in English.
    I hope the above information is of use to you.
    Buen Camino to you all, I wish very much that I were going.
Regards,
Rosina