Roncesvalles

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Jul 4 11:57:06 PDT 2002

Hi Bert,
 From Pamplona you may take the Pilgrims' bus (it leaves every day at 6:p.m.),
to Roncesvalles. You'll get there in time to get the "Credencial  del
Peregrino" (pilgrim's passport) which is very pretty and durable,
accordion-like,   and will be stamped  with the "Roscidevallis Conventus
Hospitalis" Seal. You can also register for the albergue then and still have
time to attend the ever-so-moving pilgrims' service and benediction, which is
sung in Latin by seven monks and will melt your heart..
After the service, if that is your plan, you can share  a taxi with other
pilgrims to Saint Jean Pied de Port and commence your pilgrimage there.
Once you register things will pretty much take care of themselves.... as you
will see; you won't even remember the things that you may have been concerned
about before.
Godspeed to you. I so very, very much wish that I were going. Unfortunately I
broke my right arm and wrist pretty badly and need to be operated on, etc.
and cannot travel anywhere for a few months.  Do say a prayer for me when you
are walking that dear, deear Way.
Regards,
Rosina