New Pilgram with questions

Anne Wright anne.wrightaSHAW.CA
Mon Jul 1 12:53:18 PDT 2002

I am from Canada and new to the list serve.  I'll be travelling the Camino for the month of August and part of September and wanted to get a few last minute questions answered before my journey.  Reading everyone's questions has been very helpful, but I still have a few things I am uncertain about.

I will be starting my Pilgrimage in SJPP on August 2nd or 3rd.  Will I be able to get maps and a Pilgram Passport there, or is there a place I can order them from now?  (I will be in Barcelona for a few days before leaving for SJPP.  I have also ordered the Practical Guide for Pilgrams, and am awaiting its delivery.)

I will be travelling lightly - about 15lbs. in a good day pack with a waist belt.  I have no plans to bring cooking gear as it seems as though restaurants and refugios as well as most other things can be found along the route.  Any thoughts on this?

Also, I am still shopping around for a good light weight camera.  Any thoughts on digital vs. normal?  Any suggestions on what brand or exact camera?  There are so many to choose from, I do not know where to begin.

Thanks,    Anne