Remembrances from Camino

Kandice M Zeman kzemanaSAS.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 31 13:28:31 PST 2002

Hi All,

My friend and I are planning a journey along Camino in May.  I've been on
the list for a few months and I am thankful for all of the great
information and issues discussed here.  In anticipation of the trip, and
as a way to share my preparation with friends, I have started a web site.
It is a work in progress and it will certainly continue to grow -- not to
mention all the additions when I return from the trip :)

        http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~kzeman/Camino.html

I am also a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania and I am
particularly interested in how modern day pilgrims continue to experience
El Camino in their lives after the journey.  If people are willing to
share with me*, I would like to hear about the types of remembrances or
souvenirs you purchased for yourself, family or friends along the road
and in Santiago.  I understand that not everyone purchased items, if you
are one of those people, a response as to why you chose not to do so
would also be appreciated.

For those who are willing to share:

-- What did you purchase as a remembrance and for whom?

-- Where did you purchase these items?  If in Santiago, what type of
place did you purchase from; a street vendor, the cathedral, a gift shop,
etc?

-- Where do you keep these items now?  And what significance do they have
when you see them?

*If people are willing to respond, I may use the information to help study
how pilgrims continue to experience El Camino in their lives after the
journey.  This would be an academic paper; not for financial profit.  I
will gladly post any resulting research on my web site for everyone to
see.  My research subjects always remain confidential, but please remember
that all correspondence on the GOCAMINO listserve becomes publicly
archived.  If, for any reason, you would like your response to be
completely confidential, please email me individually at
kzemanasas.upenn.edu **I am disclosing this information in cooperation
with general academic fair-use policies.

Thank you so much!

Kandice
kzemanasas.upenn.edu
Philadelphia, PA