another seeker

Andrea Innes-Michailov andreaaCORP.IDT.NET
Wed Jan 30 07:46:46 PST 2002

Hell Becci,

I plan to do El Camino alone too, possible next Sept or maybe the spring
'02.  Who knows maybe we'll meet along the way!
Someone mentioned that there is some kind of electronic device which emits a
sound that only dogs hear and that could be protection of some sort.  The
other recommendation was to carry a stick.  My own dogs used to go crazy
when they saw someone walking with sticks so...
The website of the man who recommended the "sonic device" is
www.pilgriminspain.net. He has a great list of things to bring and pretty
much addresses what is most important.  I also thought to take a self
defense class before I go.  I thought it would give me more confidence as
well as ability.  Many people said that the route was safe, and there are
plenty of good pilgrims to keep you company.  I know there are days that I
will want to face the challenge alone (that is one reason I am going, to
face my fear of being alone) so I think safety is at least available in
numbers and also from the sheer nature of the trip, a certain special
protective energy.  Perhaps God will be our protector too!
Andrea