photo added to Santiagobis files

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Tue Jan 29 20:25:44 PST 2002

After I wrote the story of my two sticks, I remembered that I had a
photo of a statue of a pilgrim whose walking staff was more like mine
than like the usual ones depicted. This statue, along with a viewing map
of the Pyrenees, is alongside a country road between Maubourguet and
Momy, in France. It was not on the prescribed pilgrim route, the GR 653.
I had given up on that for a while - tired of mud and detours - and was
sticking with the paved roads. In that area (east of Pau), they were
farmers' roads, not at all crowded. They tended to follow the ridges and
provided grand views of the Pyrenees to the south. This is notice that I
have sent a copy of the picture to the photo section of the Santiagobis
group files.

regards,

Robert