Pyreneees

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Tue Jan 22 22:55:47 PST 2002

Indeed it may be called the “fountain of Roland”.
To my knowledge the story of Roland developed (if so) more to the east.

The fountain was erected there between 1997 and the year 2000 (perhaps in
the holy year?)

Indeed it’s there with the overhanging trees and you may be very well
sheltered. There!
You did make a good point by mentioning you had some scare meal.

Please take enough sustaining food with you.  The French are known for there
good foods and St Jean is no exception.
Out of the village – opposite the car park – there is a wonderful
 “traitteur”
, two banks and 2 two “ Boulangeries”.

So just have your pick!

Pieter (and Trigo) from Holland

PS I’m not steering at the fact you should rob a bank before you go into
Spain