Williamsburg's Airports

George Greenia gxgreeaWM.EDU
Mon Jan 21 06:42:30 PST 2002

Fellow pilgrims --

This is a question I should answer for the whole list.  Three airports
serve Williamsburg.  The Newport News/Williamsburg airport is only 20 miles
away, a small regional airport with few carries but one of them is AirTran
is its nice discount rates.  Next best bet is Richmond, Virginia, and then
Norfolk, Virginia, both large, full service operations.  All airports have
shuttle service to Williamsburg.

Those staying on to explore Virginia in Spring -- yes, it may well be
arriving here by then -- might want to rent a car, but those coming in for
the conference alone (plus some extra days in historical Colonial
Williamsburg if you like), the hotel we chose is within walking distance of
everything.

And for those interested in labyrinths, we just got confirmation that our
local Eastern State Hospital is finishing construction an a large scale
(100-foot) outdoor Chartres-style labyrinth with paths wide enough for
wheel chairs.  We will try to arrange a visit to the site, about 3 miles
from the hotel.

hope to see many of you soon --
george

George D. Greenia, Editor, La corónica
Director, Program in Medieval & Renaissance Studies
Dept. of Modern Languages
College of William & Mary, PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795
gxgreeawm.edu