Safety Issues dogs

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Tue Jan 15 19:29:38 PST 2002

Hi All.
        Here is what Lee Hoinacki has to say in his book "El Camino, Walking to
Santiago de Compostela" p 191 "Slowly relaxing, I am startled to see a
large dog in the open wall. Every dog I have seen in Spain so far has
been aggressively unfriendly - They always growled and threatened me
like those three back there in that small village a few days ago. But
they have always been chained, or I was able to protect myself with my
staff"
        The way I see it is this way, If there are any biting dogs on the
Camino during May and June when I go through they will bite me and
nobody else.. so everyone walking at that time need not worry...  :) I
know if there is a dog in a town it will know when I am coming through
and search me out.   Oh woe is me...

leonard