Safety Issues in the Basque Region

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Tue Jan 15 09:48:25 PST 2002

Much of what you see on the news is exaggerated and designed to attract
viewers rather than to report conditions truthfully and accurately.  You
will be safer in Spain than in your US neighborhood.  I crossed the Pyrenees
last May and the area is bucolic, peaceful, certainly not a hotbed of
revolution and uprisings. I suggest that you go, that you enjoy, that you
fulfill your dream with as little concern as possible.

But  if you are still interested and concerned, the US Government has a web
site of advisories for travelers:  http://travel.state.gov/  In addition you
might want to look at the CDC site for medical advisories:
http://www.cdc.gov/

Good luck, good health, Buen Camino!
Felipe Sanchez