Fiction or humility

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Fri Jan 11 14:55:11 PST 2002

It's getting worse!!  I have never heard such ridiculous use of English in
all my life.  What is written here at times is so phoney-sounding and so
condescending - though I am sure it is not meant to be.  Why not use normal
speak?

Take for example the following snip from a recent message::

< I wanted to say that your last lines are very fragrant. Your blessings and
wakefulness encourage me. >

Who would ever speak like that at a meeting at work, or to their kids or to
their mates in the pub or at a footie match or whatever.  That way of
talking is totally bizarre!!

I hope I never meet anyone who speaks like that on the Camino!!

Ed

---