Crossing to Avalon

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 9 08:04:15 PST 2002

Lin had mentioned the book "Crossing to Avalon" a couple of days ago.  I
read a couple of articles about it on the internet.  The author, Jean
Shinoda Bolen, makes a pilgrimage to several sacred sites including Chartres
and Glastonbury and according to the articles, relates these sacred sites to
their usage by early pre-Christian societies as earth energy centers.  She
also relates the quest for the Grail and labyrinths to these sites.

What struck me was the relevancy of these things to Santiago de Compostela,
as well.  I remember reading that the Cathedral is built over a former
underground stream, much as Chartres was, which was said to have healing
qualities and that later investigators said both Santiago and Chartres had
magnetic ley lines passing through them.  I believe this is also mentioned
in Louis Charpentier's book about Santiago.