icons and rituals

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Tue Jan 8 21:03:13 PST 2002

Dear Donald,
        Your thoughts and ideas, Well put. I few things I would like to add or
comment on are, the way you described your Camino walking stick sounds
more like a talisman to me, an object that had magical powers for you,
to me an icon is more an image of something sacred that one would
worship.
        I can understand how one can become very attached to their shoes,
stick, hat or anything else that might have endured the Camino, and I am
sure that I will have the mementos after my Camino and will look on them
as old friends.
        I don't think one can walk the Camino an not have it effect them in
some way, my prayer is that it will effect me more spiritually than in
an religious way.
saying that I think there is something mysterious and magical that
happens to one on the Camino, at lest that is what I have been
reading.

leonard