Nicholas Flamel

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Mon Jan 7 13:08:59 PST 2002

Hi Jose,
        That is a fair comment that you made, and I thank you for it. You said
that "maybe you (I) did not understand the meaning of this pilgrimage
(Camino)", The Camino means also "The Way" and I ask, the Way to what? I
took it to mean, a way to understand ones self, "Man know thy self" and
the way I understand the word piety is, a sense of devotion or duty to
ones belief, and that is not why I am going to walk the Camino.
        I feel that one needs to clarify one self and one way to do this I feel
is by taking a long walk, and by doing this you rid yourself of common
feelings and normal thoughts that come from day to day living, a strange
place and a strange land really helps, and after may days solo on the
Camino this happen and then I will let the Camino talk to me.
        But I must say, religions that have icons and rituals scare me.

I shall see after my Camino if this path that I have chosen is right. I
do not have  the the answer why one should walk the Camino, All I am
trying to do is understand why I need to walk it.

I welcome your comments

Life is not short, but it is eternal
we have the great pleasure of passing through it.

kind regards
leonard