Goose "companions"

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Fri Jan 4 12:57:33 PST 2002

Oh my. How interesting! It's like a patchwork quilt or a jigsaw puzzle
(unsure which image is most appropriate, actually)--another piece fell into
place I never knew about! Sufis, hmmm....
As to the Companions, I'm sure someone else can say more about them, but my
understanding from various unreliable sources is that is the name given to
the guild of cathedral builders--the cagotes, perhaps. And that some say they
built the pyramids as well. And some say they were the forerunners of the
Masons (along with the Templars? Dunno). There is in fact a modern resurgence
of the Companions in France, complete with apprenticeship and initiation.

I thought that Charpentier talks about them, but maybe not. At any rate, it's
another piece of esoterica in the puzzle/quilt. There's a novel called the
Prophet of Compostela that treats them as fact. (If you need the author, let
me know.)

Best--
Elyn