Was St. James' Body Carried along the Camino?:

bill deutschman olcbillaFIRESERVE.NET
Wed Feb 27 09:13:04 PST 2002

Mac Quart Wrote:

>  This is an ancient path along which St. James' body was carried
and finally laid to rest.  >

Mac;

This is the first time I've heard that St. James' body was carried along the
Camino.  I thought his body was supposed to have come by ship and somehow was
buried at or near the current location of the Cathedral.  Later the spot was
"discovered" and the Cathedral was built over the centuries.  The Camino(s)
was/were the path(s) that the pilgrims took to worship at the site.

Am I wrong?  Where did you find your information?

Bill

Olcbillafireserve.net