Compostela vs. Certificado

Mac Quart macsquartaYAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 27 07:30:42 PST 2002

I must say that I disagree.  This is not like the AT or something where it is
just a trail.  This is an ancient path along which St. James' body was carried
and finally laid to rest.  This being so, that is a Catholic tradition and
belief.  The Compostela is a certificate of a plenary indulgence not of making
a hike.  I liken this to the Eucharist.  Many people complain that when going
to mass, they aren't supposed to recieve the Eucharist even though they don't
believe in the Catholic doctrine.  Why would you want to take part in the most
sacred of Catholic beliefs and traditions when you don't even believe in it?  I
know that Catholic doctrine is that if you do believe then you should not be
denied, but wouldn't it be hipocrosy to say that you don't believe and then
demand a Church rite?  I wouldn't go to a Baptist church and demand to be
married by the preacher.  I most certainly agree in the seperate certificates,
although I do feel for those who are denied the Compostela and not offered the
Certificado.

But remember... this is an opinion and you know what they say about opinions...

Mac

=====
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.  Willing is not enough; we must do.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe