Non-Christian pilgrim experiences

Ellen Grunblatt aplsosaMAINEWEST.COM
Mon Feb 25 06:00:22 PST 2002

I am writing to ask about the experiences of pilgrims who are Jewish or
Muslim or of any other non-Christian religion.  As I (a secular Jew)
anticipate beginning pilgrimage later this spring, I wonder how different
spiritualities coexist on the trail, and I must admit that in this post-9/11
world, my curiosity and sense of adventure about that has become mixed with
some anxiety.  But I'd rather just be curious, so any stories or thoughts
about this that pilgrims are willing to share would be much appreciated.

Ellen Grunblatt