Refugios

william howard bhoward38aYAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 23 16:32:33 PST 2002

Greetings All:

My wife and I will commence the pilgrimage to Santiago
at St. Jean Pied de Port mid-March.  We have a number
of questions about the route in the mountains and
about the refugios.

Can we expect the Route of Napoleon from St. Jean to
Roncesvalles to be open for travel in March?  Will the
refugios all along the route be open that early in the
year?  What are accommodations like in the refugios?
Dormatory sleeping or private rooms? Meals available?
Cooking facilities? Heated? Hot showers?

Bill Howard