Scallop Shell

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Wed Feb 20 20:00:59 PST 2002

        It sounds like the medieval pilgrims got their Scallop shell after they
got to Santiago and the modern day pilgrim carries their shell from the
start.
        Do you know if can one buy a shell at at St. Jean?

        I think that the Scallop shell and the Camino has a long history and a
very deep mystery other than being a souvenir or proof of making it to
Santiago.