Archives, hiking boots, advice and all that

Leonie Galil LgalilaAOL.COM
Sun Feb 17 15:10:06 PST 2002

About asking the same shoe/boot questions over and over. There may be a
reason when people want to know what to buy and that is because in certain
parts of the country such as the South unless one lives in a big city one
cannot easily find good outdoor shops much less good and reliable advice. Had
I not been instructed on how to size hiking boots when I was at L.L.Bean in
Maine, I would have never known. So if any of you do give advice be sure to
also tell whether a certain make runs small, big, etc., which can reduce the
risk of having to send shoes back and forth when ordering them untried from a
catalog.
As for me, I am still not clear whether I can risk low, sturdy Rockport (La
Plata) shoes and gaiters rather than high/er boots
for a start towards the end of April at St. Jean.
Any solid ideas? Thanks
Leonie