hiking boots and all that

Dorothy Imundi Ddirenzo2000aAOL.COM
Sun Feb 17 06:42:19 PST 2002

Hi, I can only say that after seeking loads of advice about footwear from
this list, I was finally persuaded to wear boots.  I would not recommend
them.  They are heavy and hot and there are very few places on the camino
where they might benefit you.  In fact, the Confraternity in England had told
me exactly that AND my physical therapist had advised against boots, but I
decided to listen to the advice I got from this list instead.  Why carry that
extra load?  After four days I switched to my Reebok sandals and walked
happily ever after.  I would recommend a good walking shoe with a rugged
tread.  I hear New Balance makes good ones.
All the best,
Dorothy