Excessive number of postings on GoCamino

Forbes Christian A christian.forbesaSIEMENS.COM
Fri Feb 15 12:57:38 PST 2002

I agree in part with Innes-Michailov on the subject of her message (below).
Pederson's response was not the epitome of diplomacy.

But, I feel like I have signed up to a chatroom, and often wished I had not,
so I agree mostly with Pederson  He (I assume he's a he) after all replied
to her in private and this is how I understood that we were generally
supposed to respond to messages from GOCAMINO.  To avoid the risk of being
accused of spamming, I think we should all take a moment to think before we
hit the reply button and ask ourselves whether the average person would be
interested in what we have to say.  I have to say that, based on what I have
read, more often than not most of the responses should have been made
privately.  Since signing up to GOCAMINO I have read a handful of items of
interest but have had to sift through a lot of what to me is junk, and only
loads up my inbox.

For my part, I thought about making this a private response to
Innes-Michailov, but felt comfortable that a response from a member of the
GOCAMINO silent majority would be of general interest, particularly as she
elevated her indignation to everyone's attention.  I am a peace loving guy
and hope that the spirit of El Camino and GOCAMINO can help us all stay on
the peaceful path that we believe our beloved Santiago trod.

I hope I have not offended anyone, especially Innes-Michailov or Pederson.

Chris Forbes