Buses

Dale M. mrsmarieaBLUEWIN.CH
Tue Feb 12 02:16:20 PST 2002

Hi There,

I am a new list member from New Zealand (currently living in
Switzerland).  I am planning to leave on a walking pilgrimage from St
Jean Pied du Port in the last week of March.

Many of my questions have already been answered by many of you
who I wish to thank for some much-needed advice.   (Especially those
encouraging souls who have said so much in support of women
walking alone - A Big Fear now thankfully put back in its box where it
belongs).

I do have another question though (and almost want to whisper it as it
seems sacrilegious to even mention it).  However, I need some
advice, so  ....

I've planned my route carefully and have found a couple of places
where I have decided I may need other means of transport other than
my feet.  This would be between Lograno and Najerra (as I have heard
it can be a difficult stretch to walk with heavy traffic, road-works etc),
and between Sahagun and Leon (because I'm basically a whimp).  I
am also mindful of my time-table and these two stretches seemed to
be the obvious choice for a non-walking period.

Can anyone tell me if there are frequent buses along the way, or
would I be better off trying to adjust my timetable and just keep putting
one foot in front of the other.

Many thanks,

Dale M.