Finisterre

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Sat Feb 9 20:20:42 PST 2002

this is an old santiagobis mssage. there is a separate csj guide for the walk
to Finisterre and this information is out of date.  The guide is available at
csj.org.uk

uth,

Thank you. It is great to learn that the long stretch from Negreira to
Cee can now be done in two stages. In fact, for many, it would
eliminate the stop at Cee, since Olveiroa to Fisterra is a reasonable
one day walk. Do you know which months it will be open? Does any one
have information on possible restoration of the refugio at Negreira? As
I understand it, the original one burned down. When I was there the
polideportivo was a rather grim substitute, so another pilgrim and I
opted for a hotel. After that, there were no refugios or hotels for the
50 or so km into Cee, unless you took a 10 km detour to the side where
there was reported to be a hotel. Of course, this added an extra 20 km
and the information at the time was rather tenuous. Was there really a
hotel? Was it still open? Was it likely to have space?

regards,

Robert