Shirley Maclaine's book

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Fri Feb 8 22:30:52 PST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:04:07 -0500, Andrea wrote:

>Despite what/who I read I do plan on having my own experience.  I find it
>interesting (in Maclaine's book)the history of the Moors and the Christians
>battling about whose religion was right.  It appears that not much has
>changed since then. We have not learned our lessons...

I agree. It still seems that in 2002 that people want to argue about who or what is "right". We
*must* always give consideration to the views of others. There is no *right* religion! Which brings
me to the point that I am even writing this reply :-)

During my first week on the Camino (last May), as I was slowly aproaching one of the villages, all
of a sudden the words started coming into my mind from a record (you couldn't really call it a song)
from the 1970s that I hadn't even thought about for over 20 years. It had kids arguing with parents,
neighbors with neighbors, etc. But the part that repeated over and over was the phrase: "Things get
a little easier - Once you understand." I'm not ashamed to admit it, I started to cry and was
grateful that I was walking alone at the time and no one could see me crying. It just brought out
emotions in me that I didn't even know I had.

Ok, I'm done :-)

Take care,
Russ