I didn't know

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Tue Feb 5 18:02:27 PST 2002

I don't wish to be argumentative on the point but I do remember doing a
google search on either camino diaries or journal and recall coming across a
story of someone's camino.  To vaguely paraphrase someone found someone else
attractive basically knew nothing about them, had almost no real
conversations with them and then made up what I could only describe as a
bunch of stupid high school gossip based on their own personal
insecurities....she must me avoiding me blah blah blah.... chatter about
them.  none of it flattering eventhough the author admitted "they did not
know what love was...other that physical attraction" .  I read it and
realized the author had some serious emotional issues that I would think
better discussed in therapy but here they were on a website casting
dispersions about another's character along with the person's first name
(which I can tell you was not a common name) and also conveniently a picture
so we hit both discussion items!  As I recall they did not even have their
own picture on their website but this other person that barely spoke to them
but had elicited a strong lustful reaction in them was well raked over the
coals.  And sorry, if I were doing a google search I don't want to stumble
upon this stuff.  Granted it was about someone I don't know but sorry I was
struck by the impropriety of it.  And certainly if it were about me (and I
can tell you this is an extremely vague description of a very particular
incident which I am saying less about so that I don't end up committing the
same offense) I don't feel that this person has any right to say it.  And if
it were published in a newspaper as a non celebrity I would easily win my
case ... you know deformation of character but it was out in the wild wild
west ie the net.

Your freedon ends at the tip of your nose
Diane