No subject

Michael P. Barham mpb5aDUKE.EDU
Tue Dec 31 19:48:36 PST 2002

RE Mental Stress:

I have not been following the conversation, but it seems to me that the
question of mental stress can be found in the use of the mind in new
and challenging ways for some folks who are not used to being away from
all the distractions and cares.  It seems to me a lot of folks get
uncomfortable facing parts of their lives they shoved to the back of
their mind and hoped never to face again -- one gets these things back
in their consciousness when they are walking in solitude for given
amounts of time each day, or being asked constantly, daily if not
hourly, "Why are you walking the camino?"  After being asked that
question enough times, one is finally going to have to face the real
answers, answers to that question they may not have known when they set
off.

That might be where thepilgrimage becomes mentally grewling.

mpb