Preparing and exercise

Bortolo Di, C.A. (Carli) CA.Di.BortoloaLELYSTAD.NL
Thu Apr 18 01:01:32 PDT 2002

Hi Barbara,

My preparation was quite simple.
1       Bought good shoos and did break them in well.
2       Got a good backpack (mine weighs 2.2 kg, but has a good internal
frame and hip-belt, so very little weight rests on my shoulders).
4       Filled my backpack up to the weight I was expecting to carry with
me, in my case 12 kg.
5       Took it on the bus some 25 km away from home.
6       Walked back home.

The next day I had no discomfort at all, dispite of the fact that I don't do
sports or anything and have a sitting job.
So I didn't feel any need to do some fysical training.

I recommend doing steps 4 to 6 some two months before doing the camino.
It gives you the chance to repeat step 5 and 6 once or twice on a weekly
base to get into shape if you do feel discomfort after step 6

For the contents of your backpack I recommend the internet, there is lots of
info to fint there.

Ultreya.

Carli Di Bortolo (Leaving april 25 from Orthez, France).

the system manager.

www.lelystad.nl