Bird and Plant Books

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Mon Apr 15 12:08:57 PDT 2002

I've picked up a couple of spanish-language books on flora and fauna in Spain
in Spanish over the last few years. I can't imagine that there isn't something
still in print.
The best [but heavish] book on birds is RT Peterson's "Guia de campo de las
aves de Espan~a y Europa" 1983.  Barcelona: Omega, 1994.
My guess is that it is the spanish translation of his original "Field Guide to
the Birds of Britain and Europe"
The maps clearly indicate what birds are where, so it's easy to tell if you've
correctly id'd the bird in view. The guide also gives 7 languages' names for
just about every bird.

For plants, one of my favorites is
Juan Mugarza. "Guia de las plantas medicinales del Camino de Santiago".
??: Libreria San Antonio, 1993.

I don't think a translation has been done, but there are, again, 7 languages'
translations of each flower/plant name. The nice color pictures that help
alot.

DAvid and I tried to add flora and fauna information in our _Pilgrimage Road .
. . Handbook _ , but unfortunately, pictures were not allowed.

I'll keep checking for more ideas.

Linda Davidson