My Introduction & A Question on Starting Point

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Fri Apr 12 22:41:09 PDT 2002

Walking from Toulouse ain't so bad either - but it is worth following
the advice given in the CSJ guide to the Arles route. That is to take
the city bus out of town on past the airport before you start the walk.
I was somewhat hesitant about following the CSJ advice, since it didn't
seem to be in the proper pilgrim spirit to take a bus, even for just a
few km. But as I was walking out of Toulouse, three local Saint Jacques
committee members were driving by and spotted me as a pilgrim. They
stopped and insisted that I allow them to take me to the bus depot.
Well, with this sort of official encouragement, I just relaxed and went
with the flow.

One advantage of walking to Somport is that the very best part of the
whole walk is the couple of days before you reach Somport, i.e. from
Sarrance to Urdos to Somport. A disadvantage is that it cost more to be
a pilgrim in France than in Spain.

regards,

Robert
rspengeraadelphia.net