My Introduction & A Question on Starting Point

Pete Grant pgrant38aYAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 12 19:46:52 PDT 2002

Hello All!

I recently joined the gocamino listserv to help me
prepare for my upcoming pilgrimage on the Road to
Santiago. First, a bit about myself and then a
question about starting point.

My name is Pete Grant.  I'm 64 years old, recently
retired and live in Philadelphia, PA.  I've been drawn
to making this walking pilgrimage for several years.
I'm planing to start on May 23nd, devote one month and
get as far as I can this year. I have time, can return
again next year and am in no hurry.

So far the ongoing dialogue and archived messages have
been extremely informative and answered most of my
questions.  However, I'm still undecided about where
to start.  Reading Linda Davidson's book I've grown
very interested in beginning at either Portalet or
Somport.  All of the discussion I've seen so far
focuses on the St Jean Pied de Port/Roncesvalles
starting point.  What is the experience of the group
with either Somport or Portalet as a starting point?
For one thing, I'm curious about how to get to either
Somport or Portalet.  I'm flying to Toulouse, via
Amsterdam, on May 23rd.

Pete Grant